Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Northern Wisconsin--vertical panorama

.


I've been experimenting with vertical panoramas.  With my Sony DSC-RX100, it's very easy.  You just pan the camera vertically, and you've got it.  Panoramas are hard to visualize in advance, but this camera is so easy that you can just take them, and discard the ones you don't like.

The only hard part is were to begin and end the panorama.  I wish I had started slightly further down on this one.

What I like about this photo is the unusual emphasis on the frozen foreground. At the top, you see the clouds and water in the vapor form; while below, you see it frozen on the ground.  I like the contrast,and the balance between the two forms.  The liquid phase is missing--mostly invisible now, although present under the  soil and under the ice, here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment